Radiotrails is a community where people go to discover new music and support art, both locally and globally.
This is not a news site. This is not another pigeon-holed media outlet. This is not a place for hollow content to stay an overnight residency because it’s a relevant placeholder.
This is a place for open-minded people who want to expand their music palette. This is a place for the musically curious, who want to explore new music and learn more about the artists behind it – be it a brand new discovery or an already existing favorite one.
At the end of the day, we aren’t attending shows just to regurgitate videos or photos. We aren’t blindly reporting to our audience just to create and push out empty content to followers. The mission for Radiotrails is to curate an audience that is curious. We want to give talented artists a platform to showcase and share their work, and to ultimately get it to the right listeners. Listeners who are open-minded and who want to broaden and explore their tastes. Listeners who crave something new and unique. We don’t want to tell you what you already know.
So… what is a radiotrail? The title is a reference to an Aesop Rock song. The actual quote: “where the radio trails off” describes leaving the habitual city and entering the unfamiliar wilderness, beyond the distance that radio waves reach.
Radiotrails are detaching from the structured norm and going off-grid. It is disassociating from the desensitized standard and entering a blissful music state.
Please send artist submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email email@example.com for any other inquiries.
Based in San Diego, CA
Want to join Radiotrails as a writer, interviewer, photographer/videographer, or social media guru?
Send an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Join The Radiotrails Team” in the subject line. In the body, please include a little spiel about yourself, where you’re based out of, and why you’d like to join the team. If you have any specific areas you’d like to be a part of, be sure to mention that as well. I’m looking for help in all of the following areas:
- Listening to artist submissions – I get several emails DAILY. It would be uber helpful for an extra listening ear. I’ll be honest with you, they aren’t all gems, but there’s definitely some diamonds in the ruff.
- Managing social media accounts – Right now, Radiotrails has accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Managing them can mean sharing new music, new discoveries, commenting on posts, and just maintaining an all-around online presence.
- Writing articles for the website –
- Interviewing artists – You can interview whoever you want, as long as the artists are feasible and responsive!
- Monthly On Rotation posts
- Sharing new releases or new discoveries
- Etc. – anything goes! I’m open to ideas!
- Taking photos/videos at live shows for social media
- Website development – I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job, given having no prior experience, but if you are looking build your portfolio please feel free to inquire.
You do NOT need to be based in San Diego to apply.